Saturday, May 14, 2011

Changing my skincare...

again...

I was obsessed with Lush skin care, or at least I wanted to be... It's healthy, all natural, and fun to use. But although it did significantly improve my skin, it kind of plateaued and left me with better skin, but not the best skin I could have. It made it seem like the products weren't really doing anything for my skin, like they were simply...nice. Also, I am pretty sure that ultrabland broke me out. After my moisturizer ran out, and I realized that Lush's moisturizers break me out, I went in search of an all natural replacement for my old one. I read a lot about how great organic, unrefined coconut oil was. So I tried it, and it broke me out. Bleh. So I went on a hunt for an all natural moisturizer, and make up remover. The only other brand I found to be all natural was Origins. I found my HOLY GRAIL moisturizer and got a sample kit with a cleanser, mask, and toner. I found through this process that my skin breaks out because it is sensitive, not because it is oily, so I got the moisturizer meant to soothe irritated skin. Not only does it soothe my skin and get rid of any inflammation, but it moisturizes it SO well. Here's my new routine (read on afterwords for two mask ideas):

Cleanser:

A Perfect World™

A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea

This perfect foaming-face wash is formulated with nature's rare Silver Tipped White Tea.  In a pre-emptive sweep, dirt-grabbing minerals combined with the gentle, skin-compatible cleansing action of Palm, Coconut and Oat Amino Acid reach deep to help detoxify and free skin of harmful, free radical-releasing impurities before they settle down and cause skin-aging oxidation, deterioration, dehydration and even some forms of irritation.  Skin is perfectly clean, smoothed and refreshed.

Toner:

Purifying Tonic
Purifying Tonic

95% Certified Organic

Gently controls surface shine and excess oil without over drying, helps keep pores clean and clear, brightens, tones, calms and soothes skin. Great for all skin types.
There are just certain things in nature that cannot be improved upon by man. And Organic Willow Bark is without doubt one of them. This legendary beauty ingredient is the precursor of many modern treatments. And in addition to its soothing nature, it's the source of salicylic acid, a known pore purifier. And we love the way clarifying Organic Vinegar flakes off dead cells. It's bye-bye dullness, excess oil, impurities and surface shine. Pores feel tighter and clean clear through.Origins Organic Lavender Alcohol blend helps protect the purity of this product.

Moisturizer:
Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief

Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream

This remarkable hydrating cream instantly calms skin. Visibly reduces redness and sensitivity. Narcissus Lily Bulbs optimizes skin's defenses to help prevent potential future damage.  Great for sensitive and reactive skin.

As Needed:

 Brighter by Nature™

Brighter By Nature High-potency brightening peel with fruit acids

These clinically-proven, skin brightening peel pads rival the instant smoothness and radiance restoring benefits of a professional 30% glycolic peel without the redness. Plus they help restore clarity and improve evenness of skin tone.

Clear Improvement® 
 (I love this as a spot treatment!)

Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores

When environmental toxins, dirt and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best. Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that "stuff" down there, skin "breathes a sigh of relief."

Samples I am trying:
Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief


Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum

Irritation silently simmering within skin’s surface may be aging your skin faster than the candles on your birthday cake. Now it’s within your control. This patent-pending, clinically-proven serum features Dr. Weil’s famed mega-mushroom blend now fortified with Chaga and Pleurotus Mushrooms and Sea Buckthorn. So it helps defend against silent skin-agers as never before. Calms. Soothes. Makes skin more resilient. The result: visible aging is slowed. Now that’s a relief.

 Masks
And what did I do with the coconut oil that I can't use as a moisturizer? A hair mask! Put it all over your hair and wrap it up in a towel for an hour or even over night. Wash out with shampoo and skip the conditioner, and you are left with awesomely soft, manageable hair that grows faster!

http://www.trainerjosh.com/coconut-oil.jpg 

Andddd what did I do with the Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser that I replaced with the origins one? I make a nice thick paste of it and use it as a face mask to deep cleanse and moisturize!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiTiZ-tkpdwV5JP7rY4Iae50dqabDXQgjVTVa7da94CBmVWh5TYfmYIvkwXMsVQkhDWpXbGjpemeyU3MHkAdDiBHIfHug1D1bY9DDWWaKiqp1_YukAQCePGtinON2c1imqR7N_nccP-urE/s1600/Angels_On_Bare_S_4bfbf0ed30e28.jpg 

Be-You-Tiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment