Thursday, May 5, 2011

April Favorites:

I know that its already quite a few days into May, but I thought I'd still share my favorite products from April. This month, I have really been focusing on skin care over trying out new makeup, so you'll definitely see more skin care products!

First.. All things Lush.

Lush Dream Cream

Incredibly soothing body lotion for troubled skin. Dream Cream is Lush's best-selling product because it makes sore skin feel good again. Chamomile and lavender calm irritations, reduce redness and banish blotches. We also use oat milk, too, which has traditionally been used on troubled skin for centuries. It contains everything nature makes for soothing your skin.
 Why I love it: It truly smells unscented with a hint of calming oatmeal. It moisturizes like no other moisturizer. It absorbs without leaving you greasy. It simple, all natural, and it works

Lush Lip Scrub

It's made with refreshing peppermint oil, which will make your lips feel soothed and tingly, and sweet vanilla extract to lock in moisture and protect your lips.
Why I love it: My lips never really get chapped because I put lip butter and balm on constantly, but they are never perfectly smooth on their own. This scrub definitely does the job AND it's edible! I am so guilty of using this and then licking it all off!

Lush Buffy Body Butter

Why I love it: This is basically shea and cocoa butter filled with ground almonds and rice. You rub it on wherever you want to exfoliate in the shower, and you're leave smooth and soft. I don't even have to put a lotion on after. I get little bumps after shaving really easily and this completely does away with it! My only issue is I wish that it didn't melt so fast :(

Lush Jungle Conditioner

 Jungle feels different on your hair from liquid conditioner; until you wash it off, you hardly notice it's there. It smoothes and detangles, leaving a fruitily scented coat of shininess.
Why I love it: I have been using solid shampoo and conditioner for a couple of weeks now and I don't think I will ever go back. The shampoo I use is Karma Kumba and I love it, but its this little guy that I am obsessed with. It's all natural and doesn't have those yucky silicones that are bad for your hair. It smells DELICIOUS. It is so fun to use. And it leaves my hair super smooth and shiny without making it greasy. 

Elf Lip Gloss
Why I love it: Where else can you find a quality lip gloss for under $5, let only 5 lipglosses for under $5!? I love how these feel on, they are super smooth and really stick to your lips, without being sticky (if that makes sense). They really stay on instead of most glosses that seem to fall right off. I love all five of my shades (the coral one is AWESOME), but the one I find myself wearing the most is the one on the far right, "Candle Light". It's the perfect peachy shade.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel

A potent alpha and beta hydroxy acid complex with certified organic apple, lemon, grape, raw cane sugar and willow bark delivers spa-grade exfoliation. This full strength facial peel will reveal a natural, brighter complexion while firming the skin and eliminating the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Why I love it: Its organic. It smells delicious. It clears my skin like crazy. The only thing that makes me sad is how expensive Alpha Beta peels are. This one is cheaper, and better for you, than most though. When I run out of my sample that I got from birchbox, I will definitely be considering a full sized purchase.

Juice Beauty Stem Cell Repair Moisturizer

A proprietary blend of fruit stem cells deeply penetrates the skin to repair DNA damage and encourage new cell growth to aggressively firm and eliminate wrinkles. Antioxidant-rich fruit juices, fat-soluble Vitamin C and plant oils hydrate and improve elasticity for lasting, advanced age defy results.
Why I love it: I got a one time use sample of this in my birchbox and it is simply incredible. It paired with the peel made my skin literally completely clear up over night. Its a thick moisturizer, but really absorbs into your skin. It's organic and smells like lemonade. I just wish it wasn't three times the price of my current moisturizer.

Body Shop Lip Butter

With added Community Trade beeswax from Zambia and the antioxidant vitamin E to care for and pamper lips.
 Why  l love it: I use this every night in my skin care regimen before bed. Its super thick and creamy and feels awesome. It's perfect to use after using the lip scrub because some other balms stick on freshly exfoliated lips, but this just smooths on and calms it down.

What are your favorite products this month?

Be-You-Tiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment