Monday, April 25, 2011

Traveling Light

I just stumbled upon this really cool website, Three Fluid Ounces, where you can purchase tons of products that are all packaged in under three fluid ounces (obviously), so they are perfect for flights! As I prepare for my trip to France, this will be a great site for me to utilize when deciding what to take. I have been planning on not packing any beauty supplies, and simply buying them once I get their. But, what if I don't have the chance to get to a store for the first week? What if my checked baggage doesn't quite make it there on the right date? I think I will definitely be needing some three ounces of essentials tucked away in my carry-on. The best part is that this company carries all sorts of products, ranging from drugstore all the way to super high end, allowing any one on any budget to get their favorite products safely into their carry on luggage. Also, they provide free shipping for any orders over $30, which is a total bonus because shipping is always almost $10 anyways. I haven't used this service, or any of the products, but if I were to go through and order my essentials in preparation for a trip, here's what I would probably choose:

Dr. Hauschka Daily Face Care Kit: $30
This little kit includes Cleansing Cream, Cleansing Milk, Facial Toner, Moisturizing Day Cream, Rose Day Cream and Quince Day Cream.

Blow To Go Travel Kit: $20

 Includes: Daily Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling Mist, and Thickening Mist


Go Smile Jet Set Kit: $12
Go Smile Jet Set Kit 
Includes: Travel toothbrush, AM toothpaste and PM toothpaste

Help, I need a lot of Help: $28
 
Help I need A LOT of help HLP08020700 
Includes: Help I have a Headache, Help I can't sleep, Help I have an aching body, Help I have allergies, Help I've cut myself, Help I have a blister, Help I have the sniffles

The Laundress Crease Release: $8
The Laundress Crease Release LAU01060104

Whish Pomegranate Body Butter and Body Wash: $7 each

Whish Pomegranate Body Butter WHI02020101Whish Pomegranate Body Wash WHI03020301 

Jack Black Sun Guard: $10 

Jack Black Sun Guard SPF 45 JAC14041500

After finding all of these products, I realized that there are just as good, cheaper alternatives elsewhere. I thought I would share a few.

Lush Godiva  Two-in-One Bar: $10


 



I'd call it a three-in-one. Its a solid shampoo bar, packed with cocoa and shea butter to cleanse and moisturize at the same time. It smells incredible and can be used as a shampoo, conditioner, AND a body wash. Plus, there's no packaging to toss into the landfills!

Lush Massage Bar in Each Peach (and Two's a Pair): $10



Lush's massage bars act as a solid body lotion. They also have no packaging to throw in the landfills!

Downy Wrinkle Releaser: $2


Downy Wrinkle Releaser, Light Fresh Scent, 3 oz 
 
Be-You-Tiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment